Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to corded and gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line-up of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless String Trimmer Kit (model XRU09Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise and considerably less maintenance, the 18V X2 (36V) LXT cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It’s powered by two fast-charging 18V LXT batteries (sold separately) for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. With the efficient Makita BL brushless motor, the trimmer delivers longer run time, more power and speed, and longer tool life. In addition, the string trimmer rotates in the same counter-clockwise direction as professional-grade trimmers, and uses industry standard spindles (M10x1.25 LH) for added convenience. Makita’s efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. The XRU09Z features a Makita-built Outer Rotor Brushless Motor with direct drive that provides high power and increased torque. When powered by two 18V 5.0Ah batteries, the efficient brushless motor delivers up to 60 minutes of run-time on the low setting on a single charge. Includes: 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless String Trimmer.
- This Certified Refurbished product has been tested and certified to work and look like new, with minimal to no signs of wear, by a specialized third-party seller approved by Amazon. The product is backed by a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic brown or white box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer.
- 2-speed options (Low: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,500 RPM) allows the operator to match speed to application
- Accepts industry standard spindles M10x1.25 LH for more convenience
- Zero emissions and reduced maintenance; no need for gas or oil
- Constant Speed Control minimizes reduction in rotation speed under load