Makita’s 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless String Trimmer (model XRU08Z, tool only) is powered by two 18V LXT batteries (not included). With zero emissions, lower noise and considerably less maintenance, the 18V X2 (36V) LXT cordless brushless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It’s powered by two fast-charging 18V LXT batteries (sold separately) for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. With the efficient Makita BL brushless motor, the trimmer delivers longer run time, more power and speed, and longer tool life. The XRU08Z has an adjustable speed dial (5,000/6,000 RPM) and delivers up to 37 minutes of continuous run time under load on the high setting (44 minutes on low). The telescoping curved shaft easily adjusts from 60-1/2” to 64-1/2” in length, with a compact cutting head for precise trimming and edging. The XRU08Z also features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT) and Star Protection Computer Controls.
- Delivers up to 37 minutes of run time on high setting and 44 minutes on low setting under load using 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery BL1850B (battery not included)
- BL Brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Telescoping curved shaft adjusts (60-1/2″ – 64-1/2″ length) for convenient operation in tight places